So guys, if you’re from Britain you will be feeling how I am with the heat right now, if not then let me tell you guys, it is DAM Hot!
Normally a British summer is around 20 degrees, we’ve been hitting 30 degrees for the last month and I’ll be honest it is melting me.
Now everyone is hot, but try being near on 5 months pregnant, it is not nice. And people keep saying to me ” I know how you feel, I was pregnant through summer”, no honey, you don’t know how it feels, like I said a normal British summer is 20 degrees, this is like being abroad, but without the pool and wearing more clothing!
Now due to the heat and wanting to carry on exercising, my water intake has gone up to 4 litres a day, yes 4!!
Now before you question me, I’ve already asked my midwife and she said it is more than fine and in fact it will be helping the baby. At one point I did think, dear lord am I going to end up drowning my little bundle, but I can safely say I won’t.
But pregnancy aside, there are huge benefits from drinking 2+ litres of water a day and why I would encourage you to do so.
Check these out;
- Increases Brain Power and Provides Energy – No, you may not become Albert Einstein however your brain power will increase.
- Promotes Healthy Weight Management and Weight Loss – yes water helps you lose weight!
- Flush Out Toxins – remember your body is a temple, why not flush out the bad
- Improves Your Complexion – Your skin will love you for drinking more water and you’ll notice that glow will come back
- Boosts Immune System – Yep, by drinking more water your immune system will actually improve and prevent as much illness.
- Prevents Headaches – these pesky little things are awful but by drinking more water you will see the reduction of headaches.
You need to ensure you stay hydrated. Your body is made up of 60% water and when you exercise you will need to give your body back the water that it has just sweated out.
Now you may think drinking 2 litres/8 glasses of water a day is impossible, but look at it this way, 8 pints of beer when your out on the lash is easy right? So make it a priority to drink the water your body NEEDS. You chose to drink beer, it is not needed but you do it because you enjoy it. If you don’t enjoy water, as I know it’s not an overly exciting drink, then add some juice into it or lemons. You can add your own twist but it is so essential that you do drink enough.
You will at first notice that you are visiting the loo more than a pregnant lady however this will eventually subside when your body becomes used to the increased amount of water your are inputting. Stick with it.
Your body will thank you for it!
If you have any questions about your water intake then ask away.